View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 PM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Overage/Sub/OTP FCIF

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
There are 3 scenarios.

Early cancel. Which happens occasionally when the equipment changes post bid award, but prior to the month starting. Few years back had one Airbus friend go into SUB every Tuesday + Thursday for the entire month due to this.

Small trip overlap. EG, supposed to be back at Midnight and you have an 0130 show, but you don't block in til 0200. (Note-Company might\might not remove you and place you in SUB for an overlap like this. Only requirement is to reschedule your outbound departure to accommodate one hour in Memphis. In this example, simply putting an ETD of 0300 works. Note-NO debrief time required and you'll likely walk into AOC with a Contact Crew Scheduling page echoing and the potential to have to call to check-in)

Big trip overlap. EG-you return at least 12 hours later, but more likely your return slips a day.

(A small subset is removed for legality or a weather cancellation---EG, Nothing CRS can Use you for. Situations like this pretty much a no brainer to stay in SUB. But that's just me. I've spent some time chair flying the various options and thus, don't have to reinvent the wheel every time SUB comes my way)

Well I had a different scenario than that where I had a RAT. What is a RAT? I figured it out easy enough but apparently I was put into Sub, whatever that was/is (that one is whole lot more complicated to figure out). And ultimately had no idea about any of this because I hadn’t logged in until after the fact. No big deal, I was deviating anyway and luckily it worked out.

It just simply doesn’t need to be this complicated, period. And nothing anyone says is going to convince me of that short of throwing a whole lot more money at it so that I can justify it with more pay.

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
You know what the Default Option is?

Stay in SUB. Worst case you lose the trip overage if you don't know what you're doing. Something I guarantee FedEx is happy not paying.

Happy that Pilots don't want to make the effort to understand how various things impact their Pay.

Absolutely overjoyed to have Pilots fail to file for the Disruption compensation they are owed in certain circumstances. And totally copacetic with people simply claiming the 10$ or 0$ on a NOCAT pairing instead of the 25$ they are contractually owed.

I’m not sure why you are quoting arguing against yourself unless you forgot to log out and then log in with a different username. But you are making my point. Luckily I had a captain graciously and unsolicitedly tell me to file NOCAT, what it was, and how to do it. That one is simple enough, as long as one knows about it or is told about it.