View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 12:27 PM
Av8r75
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Line Pilot

Finally...a reasoned response, instead of just bitterness and anger. I completely understand what you have communicated and I also understand that there are always two sides to every situation.

What appears to be treason to one group doesn't to the other. I have spoken with pilots who see both sides of this issue with ABX/ATI. Where I currently work, there was some contention over the last TA/LOA, as there most inevitably always will be. As I said in my last post, no job is perfect, thereby...no company, no contract, no union and no person is perfect either. We all have different motivations and you will never get everyone to swing in the exact same direction.

This is why I do not like all the bitter bickering and non-constructive comments. This will always be an issue in this industry. It is this way even at the legacy carriers, just different issues. Where I currently work, I have flown with guys who gripe about the company not putting us downtown on a long overnight, even though the company gives us a rental car when on such overnights, and then once we get a downtown hotel, this same guy will complain it is not a good hotel! I use this superficial example because this is the world we live in and it will not change anytime soon.

The fact that I have breath every day is a blessing from God, so I will be content with what He chooses to bless me with. Sometimes I may have to eat crow and that's ok. As long as I can provide for my family, enjoy what I do and most importantly contribute in some way to making things better, I feel that makes life worth living. Bottom line is a lot of people live under the delusion that we can fix every problem in this industry, if we just all band together and scream it from the rooftops...the problem is...we are all human and you will never get everyone to agree with each other completely. Yes it does stink, but its kind of a catch 22 in this business.

With pilots being in demand right now, our choices are much more varied that they were just 5 years ago. If someone is not happy with their current employer, then opportunities abound to find a better place...but alas...you may find that place comes with a whole new set of problems as well.