View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 05:05 AM
FrankTheTank
Fill'er Up Again

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
When we went to the new system. All downward\lateral bid award restrictions were set at 0 (24.F.1 Note)
I could certainly be mistaken, but I think every airplane was eligible for bidding in 18-01 as well as 19-01.

FDA bids to\from aren't considered downward lateral\bids.

To get to 60 months needs to get to 4th downward\lateral bid. So, 76 FO to Airbus FO to MD 11 FO to 777 FO only gets you 3. And one would imagine, next bid would be to the Captain seat. And, not usually a lot of lateral bids there.

Previous Contract was a simpler 24 months post activation. And I highly doubt this was a CBA provision that we were seeking, but as is the case with many things a result of something the company desired to minimize people chasing type ratings.

And the bid award restrictions are waiveable to 0. One of the things FedEx Mgt is good at is actually waiving things people have good reasons for. Such as a life change that makes the current seat assignment difficult, but a downward\lateral bid would result in better QOL for an individual pilot.
New hires weren’t reset to zero.. I believe the guy/gal arguing their point is/was in a new hire seat lock.