View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

I’m not going to tell you one way or the other, but have a correct filter for your decision matrix. There are a couple people on here that don’t work at AA telling you the culture is bad. I’m not sure what they are basing that on. I don’t see it, at least while at work. Sure, we have some problems with labor/management relations, but what airline doesn’t, that’s normal in this business, and tends to ebb and flow.

The Pilots are great to work with, all are professional and the vast majority are enjoyable to fly with. I’ve been based at PHL, CLT and LAX, I’ve flown with CA’s from all 3 major pre merger groups plus TWA pilots, Reno, Air Cal, Empire, PSA, Piedmont...they’re great for the most part, we of course have our 5%ers like anybody.

I have a really good schedule for the most part, and have been successful trading. Please remember there are, what maybe 50 to 100 regular posters on here...out of 14,500 pilots.

Personally, I’ve had great interactions with SWA guys, seems like a great gig. I have lots of friends that work there, and I commute on them often as I live in one of their bases. With that said, once hired at AA I pulled my SWA application, because AA fit my decision matrix better (even though I commute). I have zero regrets about that, and am happy at AA.

Take everything on here through a filter...including my post