View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
kansas
Swearing at the FMA

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: MD-88 FO

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
]

What's different today is that there a gazillion RJ's out there, so there are 5 gazillion RJ PIC's. Many majors have recently shown an unofficial preference for glass/jet time.
Who? How do you define many? I can think of one.

]
For this reason, I would be wary of taking a job at a company that only operates small t-props (like 1900's) with the intent of getting 1000 PIC and moving on to the majors...you are far more likely to find yourself moving on to a jet regional in 3-4 years If you have a solid connection at the major of your choice, this plan might work but what if you bomb the interview?
Not at all the case from what I've seen at my company.

]
For those who are in a hurry (and I would recommend being in a hurry unless your family situation dictates otherwise) try to get on with a company wich has junior turboprops and also flys jets. Start in the prop, upgrade, get your 1000 TPIC, and try to get that major job. If it doesn't work out, then transition to the jet to get some glass/jet time.
Sounds like a SkyWest endorsement...no surprise there. I do agree that they are a great company, though.

Rick, I normally agree with your posts, but think you need to check your facts on this one. As for the OP, go chase that 1000 TPIC asap. It's the road less traveled, but if you truly want to hit it big, you gotta start at square one.