View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 02:05 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Krone was part of the group that failed us in C2015. Yes we have a great contract and gig at FedEx. However, they refuse to admit we also have *huge* problems and they believe those problems can't be solved without the pilot group giving up something. Sad.
You give me Far too much credit.

But if I've claimed our CBA is perfect and needs no improvement, should be easy for you to find a quote along those lines.

But, which is it? Do "we have a great contract and gig at FedEx" or is it nothing but Huge Problems.

There are multiple areas I've commented on as hoped for improvements in CBA 202X.

I, however, think it's unlikely FedEx is going to agree to eliminate Substitution AND still pay us override.

Currently it's pilot option to take the Pay or the Override. OR, IOW-get paid 6CHs or 9CHs for a 24 hour extension that conflicted with a 6 hour trip.

I certainly won't turn down getting paid 15CHs if we're successful at eliminating SUB and still getting overage, but I think it's unlikely.

Whatever the goals, hopes, and dreams will be for CBA 202X...I won't be one of the folks negotiating them. Will only be one of the pilots looking at the end results. Weighing the pros\cons.

I'll be one of the guys attending meetings, flying in for picketing events (even when they're on my days off and I get stuck in Memphis, unpaid for a day or two)
Flying my line, protecting min days off, using my vacation.

Til then,
FYYFF