Old 05-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Relax. I've read that 'management wants contract PIs' for ~20 years now. They didn't get it changed with concessionary BK contracts. Is this something that our union is suddenly going to change their position on for the contract currently under negotiation? I agree and don't think so. Even if it somehow got added to the new contract, I doubt it would get past the membership. I see it as non-negotiable as scope.
Not trying to belittle the pay/seniority issues, but the biggest problem that I saw with those guys back in the cal days is that there was no consistency in the training department. Some trained the book, and some trained what the book said back when they were flying the line. I became a big believer in requiring instructors to be current line pilots who fly every month. Requiring instructors to hold an active seniority number solves everything. I agree and don’t really think we have to worry about this any more than we need to worry about caving on scope. We may not get our next contract quickly, but it will be a better contract.