View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 08:15 PM
TrojanCMH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Mr Burke is living in a fantasy world where every pilot has tens of thousands of hours in the plane they’re flying, their training incorporates every possible scenario (even the unknown), all pilots throughout the world are well rested, and they’ve all had a nice cup of coffee and a healthy dump before showing up to the airplane.

The reality is, outside of some of the developed countries, this isn’t the case and Boeing knows this. I agree that a well trained and rested crew probably wouldn’t have ended with the same outcome as the Lion Air and Ethiopian flights. But stop acting like we are somehow immune to this here. There is plenty of bent metal from bone headed mistakes that we’ve made here in the US. Look at SWA going into LGA a few years ago or Burbank a few months ago, look at Delta landing on taxiways, or sliding off runways. Look at all the other moronic stuff we all hear about in recurrent every year that doesn’t end in an accident or on the news but was really damn close. My point is that given a weak/fatigued crew this could happen anywhere. Boeing knows this and they have the obligation to dumb down the system to the lowest common denominator.

To develop a major flight control system that relies on one input to function properly is ridiculous. To not tell airlines that this system even existed is ridiculous. Stop trying to make excuses for Boeing. It was a garbage implementation and it’s bit them in the butt twice. Hundreds of people have lost their lives including the pilots who tried their best with the tools they were given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk