View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:36 AM
Claxstarr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by fenix1 View Post
Questions:
1). Several months back in a fortuitous meeting with an OO pilot recruiter, they were pretty sure that CFI’s at ANY flight school are eligible to participate in the Pathway Program, but I didn’t see this described on OO’s website (option #3 above required training & instructing at specific ‘Pathway Partner’ schools). I’m trying to determine accurate info about whether one has to train & instruct at a school that has a relationship with OO...or whether being a CFI at ANY school is all that’s required to be eligible for OO’s Pathway Program.
2). What’s the earliest I should reach out to OO recruiters without being perceived as unprofessional & wasting their time? On one hand, I’m a P-SEL who is hung up medically. On the other hand, I’m eager to get all details & options of the Pathway Program because it will affect my near-term plans (ie, where/how I train & build time).

Thanks in advance to anyone good enough to help.
1. I didn't work for one of OO's 'official schools' and I didn't have any issues getting into the program.

2. Don't worry about reaching out to a recruiter... the second you get your CFI checkride done, apply on the website. That's all there is to it.

Right now you need to worry about getting your commercial/multi/cfi ratings done.

I know you're thinking forward and that's a good thing.. but if you try to plan too much at this point it will be a futile exercise as the industry changes so quickly.. (and so does your training)