View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 06:50 AM
Voski
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I actually have a suspicion about that...

I think AA may have (correctly) concluded that they're going to have to hire all of those people ANYWAY in the near future, degree or not, warts or not, so they cooked up this flow thing to get to keep them content with lower pay and attract flies to their regionals. Seems to be working like a charm.
Very good point.

I'm skeptically optimistic about the retirement wave ongoing at the Big 6. I hope everyone that puts their best foot forward gets a rewarding career at one of the major carriers. It's pure speculation as to how it's going to play out and how it's going to effect competitive minimums to get hired, but I think - to your point - that AA is actually proactive in crafting a flow-thru in that it's keeping their regionals staffed.

I do think most of us can agree we're overdue for an economic correction. Hopefully it's nothing crazy, but that could throw a wrench in the movement to mainline for everyone depending on the severity and cause of the downturn.

I do think it's odd, however, that PSA has been struggling to recruit and had to resort to raises. The flow is working but to a point.