Thread: LGA Town Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:43 AM
Varks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Look at the age of these Mechanics. I think they have very little to lose. They figure if the company doesn’t give them what they want then we shut her down and walk into the sunset. Maybe our pilot group will be in the same situation when our battle drags on. We are an older work group and hopefully have some money saved up for the battle ahead. I could easily walk away from this company if it comes down to that. I don’t want that but we have to be prepared to walk. Save, save, save.

For those of you that haven’t been here very long. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Assume the good deals we have today will be gone tomorrow. This industry is brutal. Be prepared to have a life style change. I have always lived like it could stop tomorrow. That has enabled me and my family to survive two furloughs and a bankruptcy. My assumption when I started was the retirement would go away. I have never not maxed out the 401k. Now I’m rich and can not give a crap what management says and does. As my friend calls it his “F@#k you fund”. Meaning he always wants to have enough in the bank to say F@#k you to his boss.

This is going to get very ugly very fast this summer. Watch out.