Old 06-03-2019, 10:24 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by dera View Post
The only relevant time at a regional is right now. Who knows what will happen in the near future. Not long ago, Endeavor, Skywest, Republic etc were complete dumpster fires, and Eagle/Envoy was the top dog. Who the hell knows.
You have to take an educated, holistic look at a company, have a little foresight and be willing to gamble a bit. I got made fun of for my selection at the time. Most junior upgrade was 5 years, non-competitive hourly rates, old equipment etc. But I saw that there was basically a three year gap in the seniority list, they were closing several bases and opening new ones (so lots of attrition) and with the soft pay the ability to make a lot of money. Upgrade time is now below a year.

Was there some luck involved? Absolutely. But if you’re willing to really dig in with the research you can find which airline makes the most sense for your goals. It just requires analyzing where the company will be in six months to a year, not where it is the day you interview. Most people could’ve predicted that when EDV and Republic filled classes a year out that people would be waiting for sim time. Even if sims go quickly any properly staffed airline is going to have long reserve times and low reserve usage. EET is eating up every spare hour available in sims in the US and many new hires will require additional training.