View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
No. Reread. Slowly. I know you country bumpkins have trouble with math so maybe get some scratch paper and take notes. My number is specifically “added to the list” with specified hiring numbers to achieve that. The hypothetical was 2500 “added to the list” IF JB kept all 60 190s on top of the 60 A220s (net gain of 145 aircraft at 16 pilots per plane) PLUS CBA staffing. Accounting for attrition at 75 a year, that still doesn’t get to that 3100 number being thrown around.

And my point is JB isn’t keeping 60 e190s on top of all 60 A220s, but even if they did there is no possible way they hire 3100 (or anywhere close to that for a net result of adding 2500 to the list after attrition) without coming up with some new airframes.

Then the whole end of my statement you quoted says my prediction is JB adds 1400 to the list in the next 5ish years with hiring at most 2,000. See those two numbers? How do you get that 600 delta with no attrition? You don’t. I am clearly not confusing “added to the list” with hiring. You’re just too dense to figure that out.

You used to sound semi-intelligent when you posted here, but your (lack of) comprehension is killing me.

Time to eat some crow buddy.
My point is that you keep talking about "adding to the list" when others are talking about hiring. I understand exactly what you're saying, but that's not the first time you've come back to a hiring comment and started in about "adding to the list," as if their numbers are wrong because they aren't thinking like you do.

As far as that number goes, we would have to do some expansion to be able to hire that many. I think anything over 500 a year will seriously stress the system. And to your point, there would have to be a serious increase in airframes to justify hiring 3100 more, since our attrition is under 100 per year.