View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 06:19 AM
MochaSwirl
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
I mean, I agree that the post you quoted probably didn't actually happen but cadets have gotten the 145. Actually, as the proportion of cadets in classes increases, RTP hires dwindle, and street hires remain near zero, we'll see more and more cadets getting flushed down the 145 drain. Being a cadet only helps if you have non-cadets in class or your cadet seniority is better than the others.

It's a shame no one saw this coming early enough to kill the cadet program. Being able to count on access to unlimited enthusiastic applicants who would happily fly half our fleet for free and who will never ask for anything puts us in a terrible position for trying to achieve anything resembling parity with our peers.

At other places management might not ruthlessly take advantage of this situation, but here... well, every month a greater and greater proportion of our flying is done by reserves (who have essentially no protection in our crappy CBA), every month the schedules get worse and worse, and the hotels get crummier and crummier. No end in sight.
The FO I flew with Last night was a 2017 hire that was in the cadet program.

He was told by the recruiters that all the cadets would get the 175 no problem. Not one single person in class he said got the 175 and all got the 145.

He’s currently on forever reserve in DFW after displacing from ORD and guess when his flow is?

Sometime late 2026 with hopes for January 2026 due to flows and attrition.

A shame what’s going on here.