View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 02:02 PM
MochaSwirl
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
7-8 years to flow isn’t bad historically. Those flowing in 5-6 years (which is not the, “norm”) from the WOs simply timed things well. Nothing more, nothing less. It takes the average pilot 5-6 years to become competitive to be hired at a legacy anyway. Anyone coming from a 1,000-1,500 hour background to the regionals right now should expect it to take 5-8 years to move on IF there are no industry hiccups etc. Mid 2020 will be their time to get on at a legacy and they’ll be in the middle / on the backside of the retirement wave. Timing is everything.
7-8 years to flow may not be bad historically, but let’s not forget and take into consideration that recruitment is blatantly lying to cadets and recruits that they will get 175’s and flow in 5.5 years.

The true time table is exactly that 7.5-8.5 year flow which is far more than 5.5.

My problem here is with recruiting selling and telling blatant lies to prospects and we wonder why we can’t get better compensation.

Every fairly new guy I fly with felt as though as they’ve been lied to and/or swindled and that’s what my main concern is and what needs to be brought to light.

I can’t even be bad at the ones coming in, granted they could do more research of course, but they’re being led as they were blind sheep.