View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 06:30 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
Not enough emoji use, that’s on me. My point was that any job is what you make of it and your ambitions. The professional negotiator remark was that he IS a professional negotiator and has done well for himself. We could maybe benefit from his example. I do think from an affordability stand point, Delta has the means to greatly increase our compensation both in pay and in benefits (health care, retirement benefits, vacation pay and other QOL enhancements come to mind) without degradation in other areas of the PWA.

My initial thought was about the value of the widget as a lifestyle brand, not necessarily executive compensation. We all draw different things from the information provided which was my only motivation in starting this discussion. Our value (monetarily) is defined by what we negotiate, no more, no less. Our 30 ish +/- careers will outlast any single and probably several senior managers.

Increasing value of the PWA only happens when the company is doing well. Now, the company is not only doing well but historically better than any other time in the history of the industry. A PWA commensurate with that level of success seems appropriate especially when several provisions are still based on bankruptcy level survivability exceptions. We are at a completely divergent normal now with regard to chapter 11. Our PWA should reflect that normal in ALL sections.
Excellent post. All sections.