View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 07:14 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

I can't see making more than $130K 1st year, and that's the 1st year after you hit the line. And that's only if you fly your ass off in a busy fleet making tons of FDP. Using $89K 1st year SIC on 8 day option, adding 10% OT and Holiday pay and other misc pay, might put you at $97K. And that's above average I think unless you live at a domicile that barely qualifies with enough airline service and results in a few after midnight arrivals home (those pay 2 extended days).

I've seen some post on the various NJA threads about year to date FDP pay and I don't think I've seen anyone say over $15K so far, (could be wrong about that) and that might include the 1/3 that goes into your 401k. So really I'd take an educated guess you won't see over $120K unless you fly a lot of extended days.

But also factor in our great health insurance that we pay nothing for. Office visit is a flat $20; ER and/or hospital admission is a flat $150; diagnostic imaging has zero copay. If you add what you're paying for healthcare now that might make quite a difference. Also add the 55% match to the 401K ($10,450 if maxing the $19K contribution).

Depending on what you spend on healthcare that could get you close to the $145K you're on track to make at the current job.