Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 06:16 AM
Calibrated Leak
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Vneed View Post
1) Plenty, I didn't need to wait a year to start taking vacation (the year started from when I joined the cadet program), I didn't need to wait 90 days until I started accruing user time (same reason as the vacation), I got a prime sim time (8am-2 instead of 10pm-2am) & upgrading captain as my sim partner because I was in the front of the class, I got my own room in training (they had 10 single rooms awarded via seniority), I have higher non-rev benefits than my classmates, and while it's understated I got to sit in the front of the classroom (seats assigned via seniority) which I think helped me stay focused.

2) No contract at all for the cadet program, you don't get non-rev benefits until 90 (30?) days out from your class date

3) I didn't do anything for the cadet program after I went to Salt Lake for "orientation", my mentor reached out occasionally to see if I needed anything but I didn't.

1000% recommend

Speaking of non-rev benefits, does a SkyWest cadet with a CJO have access to them at any point before their class date? If so, how do you set them up/use them?