Thread: System Bid
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 06:34 PM
disenchantMINT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by 360KIAS View Post
I know I am way junior to many of you who post here, and get derided for my easy-going attitude, but I have not talked to one single pilot, in either seat, who thinks we got a good deal.

You're not derided for an "easy-going attitude," you're "derided" for sounding like a management hack arguing we are plenty well off and shouldn't complain because we have a higher standard of living than someone living in a hut in Africa

Not one who thought we could have done better. But I have talked to a bunch who wanted SOMETHING concrete from which to work and move forward with. A contract that could be enforced.

Those who whine about "next time" seem to think that we should have stuck to our guns and demanded more. But the attorneys who have been negotiating contracts longer than many of us have been flying for JB said that the gains in a delay would have been minimal. And it seems 3/4 of the pilots agreed with them.

We are WAY past the point of arguing the merits of CBA 1.0. It is DUN, done. Can we focus on the path ahead? How to improve the CBA, what we want to see for the next round of negotiations?

It may be fun to point out how bad our CBA sucks (for some people), but the reality is that it DOESN'T suck all that much, even according to our 19 year CAs. But it CAN be better, and we need to work towards that. Attacking one another on APC does zero towards achieving a CBA #2 that will improve our QOL.

If we don't point out the parts of the CBA that suck, we will have a harder time getting them fixed next time around. It's not about complaining to complain, it's to maybe give people who sound like management hacks a wakeup call that not everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Edit: This wasn't directed at CoolHand. Just a general observation.