View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:15 AM
vpbuzz
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2019

TiredSoul: Thanks
Very interesting. So much learning today is done online. I take several college courses on Coursera.com. They are usually FREE. These courses have testing each step of the way.
I am surprised that a student today would not being using such systems/workflows for ground schools and you would be spending that much time for something they should be able to do on their own.
My OSU course was very short on classroom. They expected that I was capable of reading and learning that way. I will also say, that rules, regs and navigation was a little simpler then too.

Thanks for the feedback. It is what it is and that is exactly what I am looking to understand. The night comments are very helpful.

To reduce cost, utility is a must. Keeping aircraft in the air, where they belong is key to any school. It seems that there are many hours available at night when one could train but don't. I love night flying, especially for IFR and building hours.

Maybe it is an insurance issue and maybe, with some really old planes, it is too dangerous. I flew thousands of SE hours at night but I had a new plane that purred like a cat.

Is night flight in SE is considered hazardous duty? Anyone? Even in new aircraft?