View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 08:40 AM
dhc8guru
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Claxstarr View Post
Said no one ever...

Pay no attention to whoever that is.
The CRJ is an older plane but it’s fun to fly!
Emphasis on FLY.

If you go CRJ, you’ll probably upgrade to captain before he does lol. Very few people go to a regional airline to sit in the right seat for the rest of their career.
Ummm someone who actually works in the industry.
The CRJ has no VNAV, no auto throttles, no auto tuning radios, no auto brakes. All things that reduce the workload at the end of a 12 hour day.
Why is it that no one is buying them anymore? Only the 550 and that is just a way for Canadair to get rid of the 21 unsold 700 airframes.
I sat reserve for four months. You don't build time faster in the CRJ. You are flying about 75% EAS routes. Up and down doing a lot of 20 min enroute legs.
Can I tell you how many regional captains with plenty of experience and hours who aren't getting hired by the majors? There is a slowdown going on and will be so for awhile. The reality is your going to be spending a minimum of 1.5 years (and that's hussling) as an FO to gain the 1000 hours of 121 time (if you have none) before you can go left seat and more than likely a major will hire you before then. So spend two years on an antique CRJ or something modern like the 175.
I really don't care what you go fly but you really should be informed of what your facing between the two airplanes.