View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 07:22 PM
2StgTurbine
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by JohnBurke
I used to fly C-130A's. I for damn sure didn't sue Lockheed when the wing came off and the airplanes were grounded. Imagine that.
The pilot hired a lawyer to fix their problem. Personally I would think you would sue Air Canada, but apparently the law firm thinks Boeing is a better target.

A 737 max pilot can't fly another 737, given the common type rating?
That's not how Air Canada (or any other airline) works. They can split up the pilot group however they feel. Right now the have an excess of 737 pilots and are trying to cut costs by not paying a portion of their pilot group that would normally be flying the 737 MAX.

I've been on several aircraft types that were grounded due to mechanical or design issues (or political issues). I never once moved to sue the manufacturer, operator, government, or other, because of "lost revenue." Yes, I can certainly blame the clown who does. To him I say grow up.
I thought outrage internet culture was a millennial thing? No need to get all excited, I was merely trying to show that like the lawsuit over hot coffee from McDonalds, there is more to the story.