Old 06-30-2019, 01:46 PM
DWC CAP10 USAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Looking left

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
What on earth could take that long?
Originally Posted by Abouttime2fish View Post
That’s crazy, unless you include digitizing your military logbooks which is a huge PITA.
Sounds about right from sitting down first day to ready to submit.

Day 1: I finished with a list of 16.9 pieces of info I needed to dig up...things I had no idea I needed until I tried filling out the apps online for first time.
- High school GPA...school closed for summer...let me dig around parents attic for a few weeks looking for old box of HS stuff
- driving records for tickets...I’m a mil guy...lots of moves...lots of state DMV’s to contact and then wait for their replies.
- fight info: number of PIC sorties....number of IP sorties...approaches...landings....etc etc. I needed my shoes off, an abacus, and a whiz wheel to make all my calculations.
- what was the address of the pizza place I worked in during high school? Supervisor name?
- Letters of Rec: month 1 ask friend for letter....month 2 gently remind friend you asked for letter....month 3 threaten to donkey punch bro’s entire family if you don’t get the letter...month 4 finally get the letter.
- And FINALLY ready for reviewing company xyz to red pen your app, fix all your spelling, grammar, missing dates, etc.

Doesn’t happen over night.