View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Don Q
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Aces II & Civilian HUD x2
Default Back from Vacation

Originally Posted by Freightpuppy
I'd be more worried about getting the job than what seat I go to considering UPS is not hiring much. Although maybe you are one of the special ones that puts the app in on Friday and gets the call on Tuesday. The rest of us ordinary people had to update every 30 days for 5 years and suck up to everyone under the sun before we finally got the call.

I'll ride sideways, as lomg as I get the job. You have to start somewhere. For me I started 12 years ago when I used to work for UPS (non-flying).
I just got back from vacation and went to visit my old boss at UPS. She's an accounting manager. I requested a letter of recommendation (e-mail/phone call/ anything that could help me get an interview) and she said that this time she wouldn't forget. I've been trying this for about four months. It was nice to see old friends that I haven't seen in 10+ years. In addition I stopped by HR department and talked to one of the guys I used to worked with.
Now BROWNIES out there, I need some help/advise. Is Phil still working as part of pilot recruitment? Who do they send an e-mail to?
I know UPS hiring is slow, but what else can I do to get an interview?
I'm a fighter guy, and have all the minimums.
I know timing is everything, I got a call for a JetBlue interview that will happen in the next few months. My plan is to go work for JetBlue (if hired) and if UPS calls, go to the interview.
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to get a job with the ones hiring (UPS/FedEx/JetBlue/Southwest), it just happened that JetBlue called first.

Any good advise, greatly appreciated....