Paid2fly , 07-07-2019 12:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Paid2fly
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2009
Quote: Wait a minute, 5 whole years?
So you're saying you weren't here for the 12 leg days of the Metro, or the 8 Leg days of the Brasilia?
You weren't here when Min Daily Guarantee was 3:45?
Or when FO's were stuck on reserve in the Right Seat of the E120 at $19.25 /hour for 2 years plus?
Or when there was incredible movement so guys transferred out of SLC so they could get a Hotel and Per diem when they Transitioned or upgraded, only to be stuck commuting to Fresno for over two years when the music stopped?
Or when we weren't even paid for new hire training, and had to pay for our own uniforms and Jeps?
Or when they would call on your day off and if you or your wife answered the phone you were automatically Jr Manned and required to show up?
Or when the flying slowed down so much that pilots were complaining about no open time to pick up, and insisting that the company furlough their brother/sister pilots so they could get more hours, which the company in their self centered ways did not do.
I guess the lack of a contract prevented the company from furloughing out of seniority order so they wouldn't have the excuse that it would be expensive to downgrade the more senior folks to the Bro while laying off the Jr ones and displacing everybody against their will to the more Jr Domiciles.

Yeah I'd say things have really been going down hill in your 5 years here.

I've been here for all that, and a lot of things have been headed in the wrong direction for more than 5 years. My quality of life was better when I was low to mid seniority than it is now. Haven't been able to drop or swap much for over 7 years and counting. The pairings have gotten less and less efficient to the point where I credit less now than I did several years ago even when I'm working more days.