View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Baradium
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
30 lines of flying went south internally and not a word about it. Ouch!

The Exultant leader hates leather jacket wearers and non hat participants. Hats are mandatory you just don't know it.

I am just wondering how they are going to spin the low DGI success rates and the supposed growth that after summer, may never come. The announcement keeps getting moved EVERY few months for a few months It has been for over a year. That super hub in the Thrasher State (fitting no?), is just fantastic.

I loved when they pulled 30% and brought it back to 15%. That was nice too, thanks!

Keep wearing that hat and that lanyard! Can't wear the union tie but the Big Black lanyard is ok!

Another new FO has left for Skywest and there will be more that will go to other regionals. We are just no longer the leader anymore. The growth keeps getting moved back and quite frankly it will depend on the shape of those airplanes and the negotiations at mainline. I am not sure I really trust the info coming. People are getting despondent. The NYC base is awful now and expensive. Lots of airport reserve and no flying, it adds up quick.

If you’re looking for a regional job, you really should look elsewhere. The DGI success rate is low. Not one went in April. We keep waiting and holding on hoping it gets better. It just isn’t. We are just re-arranging the deck chairs on Titanic.

You might get 25-30 hours a month if you're lucky. It will be lower as EDV keeps hiring but no additional flying, at least for now. Also, keep in mind you will sit a lot of airport reserve in New York and the crew shuttle has been taken away (March 1)so it's 10$ each way everyday times five. Math is 100$ a week potentially. It's really going to hurt the Flight Attendant's but they honestly don't seem to care.

I would really look elsewhere where reserve time is low, with good flying hours and avoid New York. We got rooked into covering two airport's and it really stinks.

I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer but it just isn't really looking for good for EDVs future right now.

I just don’t think the place is ready for all those airplanes AND pilot’s. They need some house cleaning and better operational planning first. Every week when the weather goes pie eyed, the place unhinges. I know everyone wants all this growth but sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for. Thirty percent growth is a lot and those airplanes are NOT in the best of shape and maintenance has their hands full now. More pressure to fly and fly broken equipment is NOT a good thing. I think they need to clean up their act first. Doesn’t the FAA have to sign off on this too. Have they even been watching.

You really are a piece of work.

For everyone else, it sounds like growth has been officially announced? Congratulations and best wishes with your careers.