View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM
APCHCLIMB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by NWSteeringArmer View Post
That’s tough... you can read through all these threads and see how out of touch management is with this pilot group and running an airline in general... this place is a dumpster fire and there’s absolutely no debating that... we are “over staffed” and have stopped upgrading and hiring yet I’ve gotten probably 25 alerts for premium trips in the last 36 hours...

You say you have a guaranteed flow to AA in 3 years... unless you’re in the seat and on the seniority list at AA, it is far from guaranteed... ask anyone who was starting class or upgrade when 9/11 went down... even people on lists and in seats got put out on the street...

Delta is viewed as a premier operation in the eyes of most everyone in the industry yet people seem to forget that 10 years ago delta was in bankruptcy and northwest brought the capital and Richard Andersen to the table to save their a$$... so as far as being too big to fail (and I understand Delta was a much smaller carrier before the merger and they’re still smaller than AA now), I think that’s a ridiculous notion... any company can fail for myriad reasons...

There were 2 airlines that made money in 2008... southwest and spirit... that should tell you something right there... even when a recession hits, the low cost model is effective... frontier absolutely prints money... fuel prices will change... the economy will tank... there will be some life altering event out of anyone’s control... it will happen... do you want to be on the list at a stagnant regional with a “guarantee” in your back pocket or on the seniority list of a company that makes their own schedule?

I’ve been at frontier 5 years... I’m jaded... I know what I’ve gotten into and I know what you’d be getting yourself into... but if I had a chance to get out of a regional now vs waiting 3 years for something that may or may not happen, I’d be gone like a fart in a hurricane...
I agree with everything you just said. Most WO pilots tend to make the choice around the 2-3 year mark to either go to whoever calls or stick it out for the flow. And that's where I'm at. I wish I had gotten the call 2-4 years ago (never applied for various reasons). I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

The flow cool-aid is strong with the people I work with. You'd swear that AA was the best thing since sliced bread and you're foolish to do anything else. Thanks for your input NWS.