View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:15 AM
GoCats67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by deltajuliet View Post
Just curious, how long for a new hire to hold ORD at this point?
Looks like the junior 737 FO that got to ORD via a vacancy bid is about 600 numbers from the bottom of the seniority list. That translates into well over a year. (there is one pilot that is junior that got in via a base trade) The junior 320 FO is just under 400 numbers from the bottom of the list, so just under a year on the property.

Now, this Fall/Winter/Spring is supposed to be eye watering on the bid front. Hopefully some of the recently announced used 737-700 and incoming used A319s, will be used in ORD to upgrade from 70 seaters, while 70 seaters upgrade former 50 seat routes, and 50 seaters leave.

I am also hopeful there will be addtional WB routes announced, but by saying so out loud I will likely get brought in for a psych screening or at least a drug test.

If any of the optimism that is floating around UA right now happens to find its way to the Midwest rather than a coast, the movement at ORD could improve quickly. There was a time (I am getting too damn old) that ORD was where new hires got "forced" to go!