Thread: Six Month Leave to Improve QOL

Blackhawk , 07-25-2019 03:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2005
Quote: Because he wants to see movement. It takes senior people leaving PLUS new hires arriving. When it’s all FOs and low seniority CAs who leave, the problem continues. XJT has a lifer problem. Unless that is solved somehow, nothing will change. When I left XJT, I had been there a looooooooong time, and I was still a SUPER junior CA. I had been a CA for 5 years.......never once got off reserve. Not even a relief line. When the top of the list isn’t ever going to leave....and the fleet count is shrinking...........that’s an issue. I have nothing against lifers, and they ABSOLUTELY have the right to make their own career choices.......but their existence does cause a problem. Nothing personal. Just a FACT.
The problem with XJT is not the number of lifers, but the percentage of lifers to the total pilot pool.
I'm willing to bet SkyWest and some others have just as many, if not more lifers especially after K4 hired away over 100 from the top of the list. The issue started with this hiring wave when majors started hiring FO's with zero TPIC over experienced captains and was exacerbated when XJT went through the wind down with SkyWest ownership.