Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Wow! What a tough job this is. Let’s see, I commercial to work on their dime picking up pay for 50% of the commercial time, then stay at the DoubleTree LAX on their dime. Thursday, LAX-SWF-LAX, Friday R2, Saturday LAX-SWF-LAX. Sunday 1-7 followed by M, T, R2’s. Wed. LAX-MCO-LAX. At MCO I was allowed to have my cousin and a friend tour our aircraft as we were not at terminal. They had Steak and Lobster meals from our catering as there is way too much for us to eat. Thur. 1-7. Fri, commercial/limo to SUU. Sat. SUU to HIK and Sun, Mon (R2’s) days in Honolulu. Tues, HIK to ELM. Wed., ANC to JFK and home Thur, of course on their dime.

BTW. An R2’s is a 12 hour reserve where there is no defined distance You need to be from airport. I have been called twice (not an exception) in 9 years when on an R2’s. It pays 4 hours. I had 4 OT days at beginning of month and expect to go home with 100+ credit at $270.00/hr.

I am not by any means senior here at K4. It is just how it is at the best kept secret in aviation. *as long as your lifestyle permits being gone for 16 and off 15.

It is amazing to me (second career guy) what pilots who have never worked a real job in their life complain about.