View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 12:35 AM
catching waves
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
You have still lost me on how this gets you more pay. Everyone gets paid for the entire flight at every airline I am aware of when the crew is augmented.
It’s the same way everyone else does. Delta has green slips trips (or whatever it’s called) if a trip drops into open time and I wann pick something up on a day off, bingo bango. I get paid at time and a half. So I’d catch a commercial flight from my home and get paid at 150% pay to sit in a seat and have a nap. Arrive at destination and sleep. Operate a flight someplace and get paid @150% pay. Arrive at destination and sleep. Wake up and catch a flight home and get paid @150%. Day off pay is 4 hrs or whatever is greater. Not exactly the best but it’s a start.

Yes, our 64 hr min is low, but I never seem to do be near there. Some guys yes, others no. I normally do in the upper 90’s to low 100’s. If I have a 90-100 month and snag a OT trip that can realistically pay 20-30 hours I’ll do it in a heartbeat. And that can be as easy as commercial from my home to cvg and sleep in a hotel, operate to Japan, then Hong Kong. Sleep in a hotel and go to anchorage the next day. Or one leg from cvg to Leipzig. And dead head home.

We get paid for our commercial dead heads. We get paid to sit reserve. It all adds up.

Some of our cka are pulling in up to and over $500,000 a year and good on them.

We don’t operate on part 117 work rules. We can go over the usual 30 in 7 or whatever it is called now a days. 3 pilots equals more time aloft and 4 is even more.

Also, it’s pay credit hours, not hours actually worked that help. Lots of guys at my seniority on the 400 are pulling in near what I made. Some more, some less. 767 guys not so much. I go to work, make as much as I can and go home. Each month I have a two week vacation with my family. I use the points and miles earned for free hotel stays and air travel.

Some of our pilots live in other countries. Some travel the USA in a RV and go to wrk from where they left the camper. We had some guys living on boats. Company buys em a ticket to go and come back (except for the foreign guys I don’t know how they work it) but it works for them.

Does this help you understand? Hope it helps. Just trying clear it up for you as best as I can.