View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
Yes, this has saved me once. But many times, this provision doesn’t apply. What if your deviation is just one leg to your layover? Should we instead deviate to the second leg of the original DH just for the protection on that leg? In essence, unless your deviation just so happens to go through your the city of the second leg on your original DH, its useless.

My question is, what’s the difference whether you catch up to the second leg? Why not protect the entire deviation regardless of whether you catch up to the second leg? This policy is completely inferior to legacy airlines.

Big picture what you’re talking about is negotiation stuff vs this thread about what the present polices and options are around the industry.

Small picture, we all have to figure out what works best for us individually. Odds are if you can get a nonstop direct to the layover, you’ve got some options domestically at least. For the most part given the way we tend to bid, that Dh is relatively close to our neck of the woods so there are likely multiple flight options to get one there. Basically because for most flights in a one leg situation, you’re at either end of a hub/spoke. There’s also a pretty good chance that one of those flight options is the company’s option, it just may not be the one you personally want to take. Maybe you have more FF miles on DL and want them vs AA or you can’t stand a particular airline. Or more likely the company DH choice is one you prefer not to take. Ie it gets in on Sunday night with a 24hr or more layover before leaving and you want to take a later flight and have protection.

All valid discussion points going forward, though from the outside imo they shouldn’t be discouraging factors in taking this job relative to the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk