View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 09:05 PM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by 52Cent View Post
It would be interesting to know how many pilots at PSA and Envoy are doing a "street app," interviewing and moving on prior to flow, compared to number that are waiting for and using the flow. I was told by friends at PSA and the recruiting team that flow is currently 6 years at PSA. I don't recall the number I was told by the Envoy team, but it was significantly shorter. That lead me to believe they were quoting "results may vary" numbers and therefore, a little optimistic.

If 6 years is realistic, my attitude was, too much can happen in that time to use it as one of my considerations for choosing one company over another. I've heard the "insurance policy" argument, but if the economy goes south, flow will be meaningless.
If the economy goes south no one will be hiring and preferential interviews won’t mean anything. It’s not as if the economy doing poorly will only affect AA. But, if AA runs even 1 class in a bad year it has to be full of a certain amount of pilots from the WOs. If your goal is AA, go to a WO. The flows will likely increase.