Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by dtwsaab View Post
The AA guy was being put up at a Motel 6. Uh huh. Right. Look, you and Cujo hate AA and desperately try to justify your ACMI decision - we get it. But there’s no way in hell anyone over there is looking at what you do with envy.

My company has guys leaving for AA and there’s not a single one of us that’d see a job at K4 as anything but a step backwards. “Hey honey - I just quit my three on/four off gig to be gone for 17 straight!” Riiiiiiight.
I don't hate AA; I dislike what the management is doing to AA and their owned regionals. BIG DIFFERENCE., but management stooges wouldn't understand. Great second post for a supposedly new to APC guy.... How's Spirit doing for ya?

It's not for everybody. Not all schedules are 17 straight, many are in two large blocks. If you like JSing to/from work for the rest of your career, then crashpadding again when you upgrade, and doing 3-4 flights a day by all means go to any mainline/major. If you don't mind doing a load of laundry on a longer trip, value large blocks of time off, positive space travel everywhere, hotels everywhere, even after upgrading, then ACMI may be for you.

Different folks will have different priorities; what is great for one person would be hell for another. To me, I'm not going back to jumpseating to live in crashpads like a college kid ever again.... then do it again after upgrading. No thank you. My paycheck may be slightly less than my legacy counterparts; but the difference isn't worth the added headaches IMHO. It works for me, if you don't like it, don't do it. pretty simple.

I'll tell you one thing; you won't find me online calling out another pilot and trying to belittle their choices.

Last edited by Cujo665; 08-12-2019 at 08:08 AM.