View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:16 AM
PassportPlump
Banned

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by 3 green View Post
Being short staffed is a good thing in my opinion. That means more greenslips and easier whiteslips if you choose to do them(if you don't want to do them, then don't). Other than more reroutes, nothing bad comes with under staffing from a pilots perspective. I hope we stayed understaffed forever.
Well I have a wife, kids, a family, and friends I enjoy being around from time to time. So yeah, short staffing kind of stinks for me and people like me. If I was married to Delta and the jet I fly, I guess your perspective makes sense.

I’m perfectly fine living on the $160,000 I make a year just flying my bid award. Not a huge fan of 80+ hour ALV’s either.

My reroutes have mostly benefited me this summer. The delays caused waiting for a captain to show up for a greenslip on a split rotation have cost me some commutes home.

In my previous life this is how the operation went on, and then sick and fatigue calls start rolling into an already under staffed operation. Short staffing an airline costs a lot to pilots in terms of QOL, upgrades, etc.