View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 02:32 PM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
No, the sophomoric premise is that you can take an isolated data point(especially one that appears to be massaged dreadfully) and act like it is not isolated and thus, totally achievable

We are negotiating a whole contract....very few data points are isolated. Most "gets" for one group are paid (or at least no gain)for by another section of the pilot group (straight line % increases in pay is the biggest outlier)

For example the simple proposal of greater DC contribution....sounds easy-peasy right?

Well, if you hit the 415c limit....you don't get PS on that DC excess....thus young guys are happy....old guys are not "just break even", they actually lose money
Im afraid what you're very obviously missing is that contract negotiations arent a zero sum game. I know that's the company position but you're adding value in the form of qol. Its not coming from someone else.

Now during a bankruptcy, which show of hands all of us have been through, i know I have, theres a contraction of the contract and then zero sum choices get made after taking a big hit.