Old 08-20-2019, 12:01 PM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by vroll1800 View Post
1) How many 8 yr AA pilots make oodles of premium LCA/ instructor pay ?

2) How many 8 yr AA pilots get invited to Doug Parker's birthday party ?

3) About how many days of open flying on your off days did you have to sacrifice to attain your pay level ?

4) How many gainfully employed AA pilots have their apps in at K4 ?

Slowly putting thread back on track...…..
All very good points and except for #3 quite accurate. My pay rate is the same as an 8 year AA 73 CA. For me my quality of life is way better. For him or her, hopefully their quality of life is way better. I post on this thread because it is quite inaccurate, and harmful to an less than an extremely well versed pilot, who is exploring options regarding employment in the ACMI sector.

I am a fairly well educated man with a really good resume both in and out of aviation. Unlike a lot of new generation pilots, I do this because I love flying, not for the money. I love to fly and I love the environment. Not just the airplane, but the environment. I would never allow myself to be spending my pre-retirement days in the cesspool that some of you try to paint this industry as. At this juncture in my life, I choose to work at K4. 10 years ago, I would have chosen to work at USAirways. I had no idea how blessed I was to have not gotten the call. If you are in aviation for the money and benefits only you will never be happy. How do I know this? Because I used to work for a living before aviation. I know a great industry when I see one.

If you are unhappy with your lot in life then do something to change it. Otherwise quit complaining. You look childish.

If you are posting in an attempt to dissuade individuals from applying in order to further contract negotiations, then keep up the good work, and post away. Those who do their homework will see past it.

To read the crap in this thread paints a very bleak picture of the industry. It also is very different than reality. I meet pilots all the time from ATI, ABX, Atlas, Southern, and many others. They don’t seem ready to commit suicide any time soon.