Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:40 PM
thaddiusMbuggs
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
There’s literally several thousands of pilots on property that would vote yes on it. It would pass if voted on today. Simmer down and take your frustrations out on the previous generations of OO pilots that kept voting it down.
While I didn't intend this thread to become an ALPA debate, I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I agree. If an ALPA vote was put in place now or in the very near future I believe it would pass, and I would be one of the yes voters. The old timers who have the "Its the way we always have done it" attitude and the others who are anti union are now in the minority. The issue is that I doubt this vote will ever actually happen, the company knows how to keep the pilot group subdued...we get all worked up about some issue and all the talk is about how badly we need ALPA then suddenly a new piece of QoL policy is signed off on and everyone quietens on a union til the next upset occurs and the cycle continues.

The organizing committee will keep missing perfect opportunities and the company will keep staying 2 steps ahead.