Thread: S3A
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:00 AM
Shadre Reevis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by deerparkVOR View Post
Just something to put it in perspective, 9E has about 4,000 total employees and there are what? About half a million DL retirees? How often are 9E employees really bumping them on flights? Proportionally it's probably not happening excess, here and there but you're retired take the next flight and chances are there won't be any 9E people listed.

But 9E being wholly owned, everything they do is for and contributes to DL and all your profit sharing. It's very clearly different from the other contract regionals and Virgin. Also as a pilot I know it can be hard for us to remember there are things that go on in a company that don't involve flying and there are other employees who are equally as important that aren't pilots. Many many 9E corporate employees work side by side every day with DL employees doing work directly for Delta and with Delta.
This is a very accurate perception of our role supporting Delta. Considering our direct support of Delta and its employees as a wholly-owned subsidiary, I'm surprised by the lack of support of working 9E crews from some Delta folks here. Our relationship is not even close to the same as other DC carriers.

Does anyone know what DALPA, or other mainline unions, are doing to bring their flying back in house? I'd be curious to know what Delta pilots would be willing to trade to take their flying back. Of course this is probably not the place to discuss, but all this talk of "hold the line on scope" and "take flying back in house" hasn't been backed by any action as long as I've been around. If no action is being taken in this environment, it probably never will.