Thread: ExpressJet 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 03:47 AM
DoSomePilotStuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
I used to think you were a pretty reasonable guy, but if you don’t think the pilots at xjt deserve a raise, then whatever your agenda is has certainly blinded you.

If you want a bunch of guys on the list behind you, any improvements xjt makes go towards fulfilling that goal
I think the pilots deserve a raise. I just think the way they are going about it is all wrong. I’m trying to play devil’s advocate. What I don’t believe is that we are in any position to play hard ball.

The only real advantage we have is that United can’t afford to have a substantial number of its regional pilots scattered out among other carriers.

At the end of the day United is probably about to give us a new carrot. Our contract will not improve substantially any time soon. There may be some minor changes.

Maybe we should start a poll. If there were one thing about the contract you would change, what would it be?

90% would want another $500 per month. Proving they don’t care about their QOL one bit. It’s the old saying, money doesn’t buy happiness.

And that’s probably about what we will get. Then next summer when we are yet again under staffed this cycle repeats itself. You can’t really make a miserable being happy. You feed it, throw it a bone now and then, but it’s always going to growl at the neighbors.