Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2018, 04:10 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 113
Default ExpressJet 2.0

With all the positive changes going on at ExpressJet, I thought it would be good to start ExpressJet 2.0.
JuniorFO is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 05:59 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorFO View Post
With all the positive changes going on at ExpressJet, I thought it would be good to start ExpressJet 2.0.
What is positive? You get 25 jets and now work for ManAir?
Melit is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melit View Post
What is positive? You get 25 jets and now work for ManAir?



Awww.... YOUUU MAD BRO??!!
FlyingMaryJane is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,251
Default

It is good. For the “lifers” and newhires. Still better at the majors. The guys what went to Kallita won’t look back and second guess.... 5 year lease (up to) on the CRJ’s is angood thing. I think the main issue is theis new “Entity” Looks to not be buying the aircraft themselves. I think long run thats not the best for the pilots. Case in point Republic/SkyWest model.. (they purchase most there aircraft) thats why in a ressesion they grew.. No major will shell out billions for aircraft for a regional in a ressesion.. The best thing to happen is XJT getting the E175. They can only grow from there. The E145 was/is a shrinking fleet..
amcnd is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PontiusPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl
Posts: 365
Default

CommutAir just announced a $45,000 new hire bonus on their Facebook page moments ago. (edit: It’s for captain qualified new hires)

United is starting to pump some serious money into their regionals. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similarly high bonus for XJT is announced soon.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...=eml_cleartime

Last edited by PontiusPilot; 12-21-2018 at 08:38 AM.
PontiusPilot is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melit View Post
What is positive? You get 25 jets and now work for ManAir?
That’s certainly good news. But perhaps the best is watching you eat an epic amount of crow.
coolyokeluke is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Punkpilot48's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Jungle Jet
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melit View Post
What is positive? You get 25 jets and now work for ManAir?
I think what’s positive is he doesn’t work at go jet.
Punkpilot48 is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
It is good. For the “lifers” and newhires. Still better at the majors. The guys what went to Kallita won’t look back and second guess.... 5 year lease (up to) on the CRJ’s is angood thing. I think the main issue is theis new “Entity” Looks to not be buying the aircraft themselves. I think long run thats not the best for the pilots. Case in point Republic/SkyWest model.. (they purchase most there aircraft) thats why in a ressesion they grew.. No major will shell out billions for aircraft for a regional in a ressesion.. The best thing to happen is XJT getting the E175. They can only grow from there. The E145 was/is a shrinking fleet..
ManaAir = United. CommutAir = United. United owns the E175’s going to ManaAir. Xjet’s CRJ200’s in ORD is a stop gap measure to retain the ASA pilots until the new ManaAir management team is put into place and figures things out. The CRJ200 lease is “up to” 5 years.

Does anyone know the closing date on the ManaAir purchase?
calmwinds is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PontiusPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
ManaAir = United. CommutAir = United. United owns the E175’s going to ManaAir. Xjet’s CRJ200’s in ORD is a stop gap measure to retain the ASA pilots until the new ManaAir management team is put into place and figures things out. The CRJ200 lease is “up to” 5 years.

Does anyone know the closing date on the ManaAir purchase?
It’s all speculation at this point, but the last AA flight takes place on 1/6/19, and the ownership contingency of the ratified pilot contract referred to 1/31/19 as the deadline, so a good guess would be that it’ll take place between those dates.
PontiusPilot is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
ManaAir = United. CommutAir = United. United owns the E175’s going to ManaAir. Xjet’s CRJ200’s in ORD is a stop gap measure to retain the ASA pilots until the new ManaAir management team is put into place and figures things out. The CRJ200 lease is “up to” 5 years.

Does anyone know the closing date on the ManaAir purchase?
Dude. Seriously. Go get a life. There is so much to life outside these forums!!
Hou757 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet? Kilroy ExpressJet 10671 01-11-2016 06:49 AM
ExpressJet Reports Results of Vote at Special Meeting OscarOscar ExpressJet 2 10-01-2008 10:57 AM
Skywest tries to buy Expressjet....Rejected Past V1 Regional 64 04-28-2008 03:04 PM
Expressjet Reports Third Quarter 2007 Results JoeyMeatballs ExpressJet 47 10-25-2007 07:11 AM
Well here it is, the plans for Expressjet! JoeyMeatballs Regional 35 01-25-2007 04:26 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:42 AM.