View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:00 AM
DoNoHarm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by arbalist1 View Post
Just as a reminder, current calculations have this month's new hire flow time at 8.5-10.3 years from now.

That being said, I believe that number is totally worthless because there's no way the flow will remain unchanged for a decade. I don't know if there will even be regional airlines in ten years.

I think PSA is a pretty great place and I'd probably still be here if we didn't have the flow. There's some issues that need fixing here but overall it's a solid regional.
Pretty sure that at least a year of that estimate will be knocked off in the next few months with all of the upcoming interviews and class dates that people around here are starting to get. We have had relatively low attrition (about 35 per month) for awhile now, and have a pool of highly qualified pilots that are ready to jump elsewhere.

Our biggest problem is that flow creates laziness. Many qualified pilots do not have their apps out because they are just patiently waiting for the flow. Once you are a line holder, can have whatever schedule you want because of SAP, and pay/QOL is pretty good, it is easy to just cruise for the last year or two until the flow.