Thread: Sunny Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:01 AM
wannabee
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by YerOnGuard View Post
Got offered an interview this week. Highly considering it, but wondering how bad QOL really is. I’d be driving about 4 hours to MSP if I got selected. Just trying to determine how the schedule actually is and how long to expect to sit on reserve before being able to hold a line. When someone is a lineholder, what are the general trip lengths? I’m used to 4 day trips coming from the regionals, is it similar? My wife and I are expecting a baby in February, so just trying to see what everybody’s thoughts are.
I had an interview a few weeks ago too. I deliberated for a while before accepting the job. My family and I are just going to move to Minneapolis and make the most of it. From the outside looking in, it seems like a good place to work if you live close to the airport. But I’m an FO at a regional, been on reserve for over a year and fly about 10 hrs a month with no prospect of change for at least another 6 months. So taking the leap made a lot of sense to me. But as said before, if you’re a captain at your regional then I’d probably stick around if you have a pretty good QOL.

I’d at least go to the interview. The experience was really great and everyone I met was awesome.