View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 09:58 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by sflpilot View Post
I’m not sure about this one but for the people that did 141 training and took stage checks and an end of course check. Would that also be reportable?
Reportable via PRIA? No at least not in the old days. I heard they were trying to include EOC checks in the new FAA database or PRIA, not sure where that stands. The big 141 flight schools pushed back hard on that, they make a lot of money by slipping pilots into the system without any OFFICIAL record of failures, it's a big selling point for them.

But regarding EOC ,if they ask the question on an application or at an interview, the conventional wisdom is to be honest. Show me your logbook and I can find where you got signed off, took an EOC check flight, logged it as "training", got a remedial flight or two, signed off again, and then passed the second attempt. If I can spot it, so can the pros.

Knowing you went to a 141 school, they might ask that very question at the interview... awkward if you didn't report the failure on the application.

But the consensus is that intermediate stage checks are not what they mean when they ask about failures. I would not report those, although ultimately it's the interviewer who decides what his question really meant. But I don't even remember if ever had an incomplete stage check, so that would be hard for me to answer.