View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
That was meant as a tongue in cheek motivator. If I am not mistaken, it was taken down after the PC police got wind of it and didn’t want to offend anybody.

Again, read my post above, it is whatever to me. I don’t get why so many people get so emotional over some perceived threat by pilots from other carriers. Pilots do not make the business decisions. We fly the airplanes.
One of the biggest mistakes the public and our competitors miss when they see Hawaiian today is they miss that Hawaiian = Legacy Hawaiian + Aloha Airlines + Island Air + any other defunct local airline. Today Hawaiian management is largely old Aloha Airlines. If it wasn’t for a Hawaiian, mechanics, dispatchers, pilots and their families of those other carriers would have been displaced to the mainland or elsewhere. There is a large amount of sensitivity at Hawaiian because many of them already had their lives turned upside down before. This is not uncommon across the industry so one would expect a semblance of understanding and respect. Many were shocked by the shark regardless of whether or not that was just “locker room talk”. I’m sure the shark was only representative of a few and not most at Southwest. Still, why defend it?