Thread: Mass Exodus.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 12:28 PM
SureJetz
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by DoSomePilotStuf View Post
Well here is how I see it. 5-10% left because that’s how many leave from all regionals. They may figure out the training is too demanding. They may find that life on reserve sucks worse than they thought. Whatever it is, some people figure out it’s not what they thought. This is not specific to ExpressJet.

What I do see in the numbers is the fact that of those who have left, roughly 80% were captains or were sr enough to hold captain.

All this attrition is very good for anyone looking to come to ExpressJet because it absolutely guarantees that captain upgrade times will continue to fall, likely to the point where 1000 hr upgrades happen sometime in 2020.

So I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have a bias that causes you to see the numbers one way. I have a bias that causes me to see them much differently.

At any rate, I’m very grateful to see these numbers posted. I have wondered what they looked like myself in the past. This is very good and encouraging data to see for anyone thinking of coming to XJT.
That good ole "Subodh Spin" just like I'm used to. Much better on the third go there. Third times a charm I guess.