View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:33 AM
flyinawa
Weekend workaholic

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by ICUROOK View Post
In other words, Republic pilots will keep the same priority they always had for your jump seat, dead last (checking in online 24 hours in advance will not count since RAH does not have the reciprocal ability). Seem like you were unaware how low they really were, because you can't make them any lower.

btw, that email is incorrect unless you incorrectly quoted it. You are not below D6, you are on par and it will be the time of check in with the gate agent up to one hour before to see who gets the jump seat. That will make it a truly reciprocal jumpseat agreement between AA and Republic.
No, I cut and pasted it. It’s an exact quote that matches the original decree put out by the RAH Union leadership. It says very clearly the Captain should insure “all other D6 pilots will be cleared BEFORE an AA pilot”. While “recommendations” have been made to AA pilots to RE-list as D6, something that we are literally unable to do, RAH’s union leadership message is crystal clear. Allow me respond clearly. In an effort to maintain YOUR *new* “reciprocal standard”, pilots from all other airlines will be accommodated on my jumpseat before an RAH pilot will. So yes, I *can* “make them lower”, in exactly the same manner they’ve chosen to significantly lower the priority of AA pilots.

In no way did AA, and definitely nor did the AA pilots, fail to live up to some standing agreement with Corporate RAH. If the RAH pilot group wanted to create a *new* amendment to the carrier agreement that it felt was more “fair” for its jumpseating pilots, it was up to them to figure a way to do so that didn’t involve putting a gun to the AA pilot group’s head in an effort to do the job for you. There were many other ways to do this. As a previous regional pilot, I would have tried to help you in any way I could, but I will not be threatened by ANYONE, especially not another pilot group. Good luck.