View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:29 AM
SaintNick
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
If you look back through 50-60 years of guys/girls rolling the dice on a start up and cashing in big, how many success stories are there out there? I’m thinking 100 or so guys at Southwest and I think some of the FedEx guys? Ex Flying Tigers guys? I can’t remember the FedEx story.

Couple that with Eastern II, III, Braniff II, Skybus, PanAm II, too many to name. JetBlue would have possibly been on the list, David Neeleman’s brilliance notwithstanding, had it not been for their impeccable timing.

I’m sure the guys at the top of the SL at JBLU are living the good life. I don’t know if they got an equity stake at the beginning, but they’ll be at the top of the list till they retire. Can Neeleman do it again? With enough funding, I think he can pull off his small to mid size market plan for a while, but Allegiant already exists in a lot of those markets. Is he going smaller? Or is he going to compete with Allegiant? And if so, will Allegiant fight back?
Those top guys at Jetblue got a nice equity stake in the company. Came out to well over 7 figures.