View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Flyfalcons
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by flyboy041 View Post
Pilots have no control over how much they fly in a tour. A pilots simple can’t choose between flying more or QOL. Extended days are base on approval. At NetJets, the only thing you have real control over is calling fatigue.
That is true on a tour-by-tour basis for sure; however, these things tend to average out over the course of a year. My yearly average on my last fleet rarely changed more than 10 hours per year. A pilot can, however, bid a fleet known to fly more or a fleet known to fly less. They can also bid on their maximum tour length of 5, 6, 7, or 8 days depending on their schedule and base. Longer tours, of course, will provide more opportunity to make FDP pay. Meanwhile, shorter tours provide more opportunities for first-day overtime (which can be rather substantial) and after-midnights (which are rather substantial). So there are definitely things pilots can do to mold the job to their needs. At the end of the day, it is unscheduled flying with the benefit of knowing what days you work and what you don't. If you must know which city pairs you'll be flying or must have your overnight location set in stone, then this job wouldn't be for you.

Current contract is the same term as the last one; 5 + 3. The last contract made it 3 years before being amended, and we do have yearly adjustments to the pay scale and FDP pay. Have at it with the comparisons you feel like making - I just want to provide facts on what the current situation is.