View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:32 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Pursue45 View Post
What comparison did I make? I left 121, yes a regional, but so what? I didn't like it so I left to try something else.

I retired from the military (gun pilot) and went to fly 121. Does this mean, then, that military flying is substandard to 121? No, it means I was ready to do something different.

I left 121 to try something different. That is all I indicated yet you immediately dismiss my experience because of your perceived superiority; i.e. "not a very good comparison." Get over yourself.
I flew 20 years in the Air Force and went to 121 and was bored out of my mind, robot flying to same places every day with little operational input. I find the flying at NJA much more like the military, you have to be open to constant changes and never knowing where your going (like the Air Force) but its fun and you meet awesome people, 99% of the owners are down to earth and nice. I don't spend a dime usually while on the road, we get two catered meals a day and all hotels give free breakfast so I keep all the per diem, but best part is I get a ticket home after my 7 day tour for my 7 days off and I know my schedule all year. Also keep all points for airlines so already heading to Hawaii for free after one year! Fun Job!